Undergraduate Certificate in Project Management
The Washington Online Project Management Certificate program teaches learners how to manage teams and ensure team productivity effectively.
The online project management certificate program at WOLI can help prepare learners for supervisory and mid-level management positions involving project management and team management. If you are already a project manager, coordinator, or assigned to project teams within the private or public sector, the undergraduate certificate in project management can help you further develop your skills with theoretical and practical knowledge to advance to a higher level. The Project Management certificate is comprised of 15-college credits.
The WOLI Online Undergraduate Certificate in Project Management will give learners an advantage in the marketplace without the need to take residential classes on a college campus. You can complete the project management certificate entirely online, which means you can get a quality, accredited education without interruption to your family, work, and community responsibilities.
In the online project management courses, you will learn to bring projects full cycle from early planning, development to completion.
This program can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s):
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Manage a project through all phases of the project's life cycle
- Develop and implement plans to manage information systems projects, using Microsoft Project to develop schedules and related components
- Apply best practices to manage complex projects with responsiveness and adaptability
- Use a proven problem-solving framework to generate potential solutions for effective decision making
- Manage Federal contracting process by adequately planning, documenting needs in writing, developing evaluation criteria, and reviewing and assessing contractor performance
Students will complete the following 3-credit courses to earn an Undergraduate Certificate in Project Management.
Enroll in the Washington Online Project Management Certificate if you want to
Tuition Cost: $ 999 or $ 99.90 x 10 months on the installment plan.
This certificate may appeal to those who want to:
- Be promoted from an individual contributor to a management or leadership role
- Expand business education for a career in business
- Earn college credits from a regionally accredited institution that may apply toward an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Entrepreneurs that want to open and operate a business
- Are considering a career change and desire to work as a project manager
What you Get
- Online digital textbook access and comprehensive online resources and assessments
- Access to highly qualified instructors that are experts in the field
- Freedom to complete courses at your own speed in a self-paced learning format
- Personalized career counseling
- Access to MyPlan and résumé builder.
Popular careers in Project Management include:
The project management industry is predicted to be increasing in demand, with an overall positive career outlook for project management professionals. The Project Management Institute reports extraordinarily positive job outlook for skilled project professionals. This points to a rising need for project management professionals globally, as well as a larger portion of existing professional talent pool reaching retirement age. PMI estimates employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles by the year 2027.
Industries with the highest levels of expected project management job growth include:
- Healthcare (expected 17% growth in project management jobs through 2027)
- Manufacturing and construction
- Information services and publishing
- Finance and insurance
- Management and professional services
- Utilities and oil and gas
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics does not collect data on project management positions (as they often fall under other types of industry-specific managers), but USBLS does report faster than average growth for several related positions. Employment of computer and information systems managers, for example, is projected to grow 12% from 2016 through 2026 (an increase of approximately 44,200 jobs) BLS projects that employment of construction managers will grow by 11% from 2016 through 2026, resulting in approximately an additional 44,800 positions, leading to a positive job outlook in these project management-oriented roles.
Ready to get started today? Call Washington Online toll-free: 1-800-371-5581. *Courses begin daily, so there is no waiting to get started toward a new career.
Washington Online is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools MSA-CESS and recognized by the US Department of Education and CHEA.
Enroll Today and Advance your Career - Text/SMS Questions to 952-465-3702
Request a Brochure Today!
Washington Online Learning Institute is Regionally accredited by the Middle States Association CESS, and licensed by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education as an institution of higher learning